Archive for September, 2009
Google does not use the “keywords” Meta tag in its search engine ranking. Though this is not exactly earth shattering news, but it just reiterates a simple fact which many webmasters still ignore and keep on putting lot of efforts on Keywords Meta tag
Over the years companies and people have sued others for what they say is Meta tag keyword theft. According to Google this is just waste of time as Google just doesn’t consider keywords in its web rankings. This is just the policy of Google and not for other search engines. So keep in mind that search engines other then may factor keywords Meta tag in their search results.
Google though uses the “description” Meta tag as the content for search results snippets. But “description” Meta tag doesn’t pay any role in ranking.
Google also recognizes other Meta tags “google,” “robots,” “verify-v1,” “content type,” and “refresh” Meta tags.
So, the moral of the story is don’t lose sleep over keywords Meta tag.
Microsoft’s Bing search engine ate in to Google’s market share during August, according to new data. A research note from JPMorgan cited data from industry tracker comScore to show that Bing’s search share had grown from 8.9 percent in July, to 9.3 percent in August in the United States.
The Bing search engine was launched by the Redmond behemoth in June 2009.
Google’s share of the search market in the United States in August only declined by 0.01 percent – standing at about 64.6 percent – whereas the overall U.S. search market volume increased 15.5% from July. The U.S. search market volume increased 19.2 percent compared to August 2008.
Yahoo Inc. took second place behind Google, with a market share of 19.3 percent, almost unchanged from July.
As a small or medium business owner, you may want to advertise and promote your website as economically as possible. In recent years, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has emerged as one of the surest and cheapest way for long-term business promotion. A typical business owner is not expected to be knowledgeable about SEO and its benefits. Even if an owner knows SEO, he/she is not sure how to choose an ethical SEO who can get the job done at the best rates and within timeline. Choosing a SEO consultant or company for your website can be a tiring and overwhelming experience. Every SEO specialist will boast about adopting latest path breaking SEO techniques, testimonials from clients and gurantees of #1 placement on Google. But how you as a non expert select a genuine SEO consultant? Listed below, are few pointers on how to detect a fake SEO consultant.
1) #1 Google ranking for Website: If any company guarantees you that they can place your website on number one position on Google for your keywords then take my advice – RUN in the opposite direction. Its obvious this company is desperate to get business and is willing misleads you to get your hard earned cash. No company can make such claims. Google’s algorithms are one of the best kept secrets. What SEO companies can do is optimize and promote the website according to widely known principles, intelligent guess work, best practices and lot of hard work. At most a company can claim that they can acquire good ranking like top 10 on Google. But even then, verify their past track record to guess on how the fared with other clients.
2) Very Low Prices: Many companies charge ridiculously low amount of money for quite a lot of service. As an astute business person, you can intelligently deduce that any work that requires hours and hours of hard work, research and analysis by a team of experts cannot come cheap. Most of the times, specialists from various fields like programmers, content writers, SEO analyst, link builders etc. pool their resources to make a site successful on Google and obviously SEO services cannot come as cheap as many companies charge.
3) Secret and Proprietary Technique That Cannot be Revealed: I don’t think we should even elaborate on this. As the owner of the website, you should be aware of what’s happening to your site and what steps are been taken to optimize and promote it.
4) Recommending Black Hat Techniques: Lot of companies recommends shady tactics known as black hat practices to get your site up in search engines. Not only these practices have very short term benefits but they can be very counter productive because search engines eventually catch website following these shady practices. Many websites big and small have been heavily penalized for using these techniques. So play safe and avoid these SEO companies like plague.
5) Using Outdated Techniques: Once upon a time, techniques like reciprocal link exchange, keyword stuffing etc. were used to get good rankings. Google and other search engines have wisened up and rank a site for its worthiness and not just back links and keyword stuffing. Choose a company that will recommends steps to make your site useful & relevant and not take short cuts.
If you keep these tips in mind while choosing a SEO company for your website then it’s very much possible that you will finally select a SEO company that knows their job and can handle your website promotion very well.
Enovabiz Solutions is a professional Dallas Internet Marketing Firm offering SEO consultancy throughout USA. We provide exclusive Arizona SEO Services and online marketing. For exclusive Dallas SEO Services contact us now. Our SEO packages suit every budget and business. And we DELIVER !