SEO is thought of as a panacea which can cure low business and make site suddenly popular and successful. What is often ignored is the fact that a good SEO campaign will get your traffic. What a site is able to do with that traffic is outside the scope of SEO. If the SEO is getting you inbound traffic but you still fail to see any increase in your sales then your problems may lie somewhere else.
1) Website design: The first thing a site visitor encounters is the website design. There are numerous ways, one can scare away the potential customer. A site with old design signals that the company is out of sync with modern innovations. Old fashion sites score very poorly on credibility.
Slow loading sites also turn off visitors. No one has the time to wait for your site to load when there are hundreds of sites which are prompt to load on screen and eager to serve their clients.
A website with poor navigation and structure may also witness low sales activity. A client will not be able to find the information, services or products easily which may force the potential client to seek it on some other site.
2) Page content: A website’s page is the sales letter which convinces the buyer to buy your services or products. If the content is ridden with grammatical mistakes, inconsistencies and fails to attract the site visitors then traffic will not get converted to sales.
3) Errors: A website with broken links, blank pages, non-working contact forms and broken images send out very poor signals. A website has few seconds to establish trust and rapport. A website with such errors will stop visitor on his track and leave your site immediately.
4) Social Media: Social media is the most effective way to build trust. A company with no social media presence may look like fly by night operator. Social networking enables customers to send you feedback and establish your reputation.
5) Call for action: Many times websites do not have a strong call of action buttons or options to call. This leads to lost sales opportunities.
A SEO company should be able to analyze and determine which factors are hampering the effectiveness of their SEO campaign and suggest appropriate measures.